A HEART OF STRONG WILL AND DETERMINATION

Rocklynn Nana Yaa
“I have always loved music and making new friends right from birth, but modelling? I never dreamt of it. Not for once did it cross my mind. I fell into it by chance and now it has become a passion. It has probably assumed the position of first love in my life.  I love the art and will not relent in pursuing it until I have earned every single good thing that comes with it, especially the fame.”

With a face filled with smiles of hope, those were the words of Rocklynn Owusua Boateng Poku when she started sharing the story of her discovered talent.

How did the pretty model fall in love with the art?
Once upon a time, Nana Yaa, as she is called in her mother tongue, met David Ampofo Smith, who had just broken off from Exopa and was founding his own agency, exposed her to the qualities she possessed and the prospects that laid fallow for her consumption in the modelling industry.

After expressing a lot of interest in grooming the young lady and transforming her into a marketable product, Nana Yaa finally consented to the offer and was poised to face the challenge thrown to her.

The then naïve, young Nana Yaa recalls arriving at her first photo shoot location without heels. This was when the young model to be learnt her first lesson in the industry from her new manager- Always keep heels in your bag as a model. You may never know when your services as a model will be needed and what kind of costume will be required to render that service.

“It was my first time in heels and it was a huge challenge walking in them,” Nana Yaa admitted with a glee on her face. “It took a lot of effort and strong will to manage a good catwalk in heels and am glad today I walk in them with so much ease.” 

Adding to her first modelling experience, she proudly spoke of her excellent show in front of the lens. “For poses, I nailed it. I had so much in the bag and my photographer was so impressed with what I gave out. It was beyond fun and I wished that session had never ended. It was on this day I experienced how much potential I had and my prospects in the modelling industry.” Rocklynn names her eyes, lips and height as the greatest assets she has that will see her succeed in the industry.

Rocklynn Owusua Boateng Poku, a product of the West African Senior High School, Adenta and the first born of four children to her parents, is guided by the philosophy of “Do it because you want it” in her career.  Speaking expressively on her philosophy, Nana Yaa said that passion drives a good number of individuals to succeed in whatever venture they find themselves in. If people are forced into a trade they are not passionate about, failure soon follows. Passion for modelling drives me and it has made me more daring to work towards experiencing a better tomorrow.

Does money affect your growth in the industry?
Answering with so much humility, Nana Yaa said, “I hail from a very humble background when it comes to money, thus, I do not have it at my disposal. 

This affects my growth a lot. Sometimes I would want to audition for a role and would need to purchase some props but I do not have the funds to do that so I just have to let go. It is every models’ duty to always keep up with time and be outstanding and money is the only means to reach that end.”

Nana Yaa, however, stated emphatically and with much pride that she does not compromise on her values. She does not let lack or want of anything throw her into acts that fight against her values.

Although the young artist had some time of her career under the tutelage of Sparkzuta International Modelling Agency, Rockylnn does not look at joining any anymore. She wishes to be a freelancer under a private management. According to Rocklynn, most agencies give so much shine to their main models and leave the upcoming ones with second fiddle jobs. They were sometimes only contacted after the main models refused deals. To her, this act stagnated her growth in the industry and she thinks being a freelancer was a better way of surviving appreciatively in the highly competitive industry.

So far, Nana Yaa has found herself before the lenses of a good number of photographers. Named amongst the lot were Quame Mayor Photography, Pixelerate Photography and OneClick Photography.

What does the future hold for you?  
I want to become a trail blazer in the modelling industry and so I am paying more attention to education now whilst I prepare to face the future with my all. I hope to see a new turn to my modelling career by the beginning of next year. I believe there is time for everything and soon my time will come. I keep praying and I know there will be a miracle soon.



 







Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment